The amount of money raised on Giving Tuesday on the Qgiv platform increased 13% compared to 2022! The 19,000+ changemakers using Qgiv showed up in an incredible way, proving that this generosity-driven holiday continues to be a successful fundraising day for nonprofits.
By the numbers…
- The average donation amount increased 25%.
- The largest donation made was $30,000.
- The average donation amount was $191.
- 11:00 a.m. ET through 12:00 p.m. ET was when the most donations came in.
- Human services, educational institutions, and food banks raised the most.
- Youth development and disease research focused organizations experienced the most year over year growth
“Giving Tuesday continues to be a significant day for fundraisers and nonprofit teams across the world,” said Todd Baylis, CEO of Qgiv.
“At Qgiv, we are dedicated to supporting our nonprofit clients in their missions to create positive change. The impressive 13% increase in dollars raised this Giving Tuesday demonstrates the commitment our clients have to making a difference in the world and the effectiveness of the Qgiv platform to help them achieve their goals.”
Even with less organizational participation in Giving Tuesday this year, donors responded to the call to give with increased generosity. The average donation amount made on Giving Tuesday through the Qgiv platform increased 25% compared to 2022, despite an 8% drop in participation.
Read our full press release below to learn more about Giving Tuesday 2023 trends.