The fundraising world is constantly evolving, and to keep up with your donors’ expectations, your organization needs to evolve with it. With all the different ways to raise money nowadays, it can be difficult to keep pace, but there are some essential tools for both online and offline fundraising to help you improve your donors’ experience with your nonprofit.
How can nonprofits accept donations online?
In this internet-driven age, it’s crucial that nonprofits offer donors the option to submit their donations online. The safest and most effective way to do this is through fundraising software. Fundraising software collects donors’ payment information, processes the transaction, and then deposits the money in your organization’s bank account.
What are the essential types of fundraising software?
Fundraising software comes in a variety of forms and is used based on the needs and desires of the nonprofits and their supporters. However, there are a few common types of fundraising software that nearly all nonprofits depend upon for their online fundraising.
- Online donation pages
- Mobile fundraising software
- Peer-to-peer fundraising software
- Event registration software
- Auction software
Online donation pages
Online donation pages are the most common online giving tool. These pages are built into your nonprofit’s website and allow your donors to give to your organization from the comfort of their homes.
Key features of online donation pages
- Intuitive layout and design
Donation pages that are easy to navigate are more effective than complicated ones.
- Recurring gift options
Offer your donors the ability to “set and forget” their donations, making donating easier than ever!
- Suggested gift amounts
Take the guesswork out of giving by offering your donors easy-to-choose gift amounts.
- Processing cost coverage
No one likes that credit card companies get a cut of their donation. Offer your donors the option to pay a little more so their whole donation goes to their favorite causes.
- Social tools
Encourage your donors to share your donation form with their friends and family by making it easy to share your page on social media.
- Campaign thermometer
Show your donors the progress they’ve made towards your goal with a fundraising thermometer.
- PCI compliance
Don’t skimp on security. Let your donors know that their information is PCI compliant with your nonprofit.
Making the most of your online donation pages
- Make it easy to find and use. When a donor decides to give to your nonprofit, it’s your job to help them fulfill that desire. Make your donation page easy to access and complete.
- Add visual interest. Use high-quality photos related to your mission to spark interest in your nonprofit and create an emotional connection with potential donors.
- Provide suggested donations. Don’t make your donors do any more work than absolutely necessary. Provide different tiers of giving they can choose from, along with a custom gift option.
- Demonstrate your gratitude. As soon as someone completes a donation, direct them to a thank-you message in addition to sending them a thank-you email and confirmation receipt.
- Promote matching gifts. Once your donor decides to contribute, make sure they know there’s an opportunity for their gift to be matched by their company by adding a matching gift database to your donation page.
Why nonprofits love Qgiv’s online fundraising software
Nonprofits of all sizes and missions trust Qgiv to power their online donation pages, and there are tons of useful integrations between our forms and your favorite nonprofit software. Plus, with gamification options, marketing tools, and an easy-to-use interface, your organization can be up and fundraising as soon as possible.
With Qgiv’s online donation pages, you also get:
- Our amazing customer support team
- Scalable growth options for different campaigns
- Unlimited donation pages
- Unlimited simple event pages
No hidden fees, no training costs. Just the most powerful donation page available.
Mobile fundraising software
Mobile giving is the next stage of the online fundraising revolution. With mobile tools, your donors can make contributions from any phone or tablet with an internet connection. Common mobile giving features include mobile-friendly donation pages, mobile-friendly matching gift databases, mobile donation apps, and text-to-donate services.
Key features of mobile fundraising software
- Mobile-optimized donation pages
Offer your donors the option to contribute on the go with mobile donation pages and a mobile-friendly matching gift database.
- Reporting capabilities
Your mobile fundraising software should let your nonprofit keep track of how your donors like to give with segmented donor lists.
Let your donors pledge their support directly from their phone, and your software will send them a reminder notification to complete their donation later.
- Customizable donation pages
Keep the donation process consistent and familiar by branding your donation pages with your nonprofit’s style.
- Automated receipts
Never miss the chance to thank your donors with mobile-friendly automated receipts sent to their email addresses.
- Customizable keywords or codes
If your supporters donate through text-to-give, you have the freedom to assign keywords to different campaigns.
Making the most of your mobile donation tools
- Blend event and mobile fundraising. Introduce mobile donations at your events. Your supporters probably didn’t bring a checkbook, but they definitely have their phones!
- Strengthen your email campaigns. More than half of emails sent every day are opened on a smartphone. Your donors can easily act on your donation appeal emails with mobile-friendly donation pages.
- Ask your donors clearly. The point of your outreach efforts needs to be clearly understood. Add attention-grabbing calls to action and buttons to get your voice heard.
- Use social media. Make your mobile donation pages and other tools shareable on social media so your donors can tell their friends about getting involved.
Why nonprofits love Qgiv’s mobile fundraising software
Mobile donations are a key part of your nonprofit’s fundraising strategy, so you need a provider that can help you blend your desktop and mobile fundraising tactics into one cohesive plan.
With Qgiv’s mobile fundraising software, you have:
- Mobile-optimized donation forms with recurring options and suggested gift amounts.
- Unlimited keywords.
- Easy reporting capabilities.
- Quick deposits of funds.
Don’t worry about searching for a text-to-donate provider that plays nicely with your online fundraising software. When you use Qgiv’s platform, you get both!
Peer-to-peer fundraising software
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a socially driven fundraising strategy that nonprofits use to spread the word about their mission, generate interest in a campaign or event, and reach new donors that they haven’t interacted with yet.
In a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, your donors create their own pages that describe the goal of the campaign and their own connection to your nonprofit. Then, they share that page with their friends and family!
Beyond widening your donor circle, you can also increase your revenue by promoting matching gifts to your new supporters. Integrate your matching gift database directly into your donation form so your donors can easily look up their employers to see if their gift is eligible for a company match.
Key features of peer-to-peer fundraising software
- Social media sharing
Let your supporters share their campaigns with their friends and family on social media.
- Email software integrations
Send out beautiful peer-to-peer email campaigns with easy integrations.
- Drag-and-drop page builders
Anyone can build a beautiful peer-to-peer page with easy web builders—no coding experience necessary.
- Gamification tools
Create a fun atmosphere of competition with teams, leaderboards, badges, and thermometers.
- Data dashboards and reports
Keep track of your fundraising goals with reporting tools that analyze your raw data.
- Connected storefront
Boost your peer-to-peer fundraising revenue by selling your organization’s t-shirts or other merchandise.
Making the most of your peer-to-peer fundraising tools
- Match P2P with an event. Get your community involved by pairing your peer-to-peer fundraising campaign with an active, engaging event like a fun run or bike ride.
- Recognize your supporters. Keep spirits high by actively working with and recognizing your hardworking fundraisers.
- Rely on mobile optimizations. When your peer-to-peer fundraisers can access and share their pages from both desktop and mobile, they’ll be more inspired to stay involved!
- Use gamification techniques. Add a little healthy competition to your peer-to-peer fundraising by keeping a leaderboard and offering badges for your highest-performing peers.
Why nonprofits love Qgiv’s peer-to-peer fundraising software
Set your nonprofit up for peer-to-peer fundraising success by partnering with Qgiv. Nonprofits love using our peer-to-peer fundraising software because it’s so easy to use, share, and benefit from.
When you use Qgiv’s peer-to-peer donation platform, you can:
- Build easy and inspiring event pages.
- Connect a digital storefront to your donation pages.
- Create post templates and share pages across social media.
- Easily report on and understand your data.
This peer-to-peer donation platform is easy to use, easy to share, and is backed by Qgiv’s customer support system so that you never have to worry about getting stuck or losing momentum.
Event registration software
Events are one of the crucial ways for your nonprofit to raise money while engaging with your donors, so it’s best to have an easy-to-use event registration software for your donors to buy tickets through. All of your events—in-person, online, or hybrid—can be enhanced with comprehensive event management tools that event registration software can provide.
Key features of event registration software
- Custom event pages
Design your event page to match your event and encourage your supporters to attend.
- Guest management tools
Offer your attendees multiple ticket package tiers so they can choose their event experience.
- Multi-attendee registration
Your supporters can sign up to bring their whole family with multi-attendee registration!
Allow your attendees to cover the processing fees for any donation with GiftAssist.
- Event reminders
Guarantee your attendees stay updated on the information they need for your event by sending them event reminders.
- Segment data reports
Customize your data report by segmenting your attendees with different information fields.
Making the most of your event registration tools
- Make check-in a breeze. Speed up your check-in process with QR code ticket check-in and Virtual Terminal.
- Use one form for registration and donations. Your attendees are more likely to add a donation during registration if they never have to leave the page.
- Provide flexible registration options. Provide your donors with multiple ticket options and discount opportunities to increase attendance.
- Embed an “Add to Calendar” button. Keep your event on your attendees’ radars with an “Add to Calendar” button.
Why nonprofits love Qgiv’s event registration software
Many organizations rely on the money they raise from hosting events, so it’s important to find an event registration software that works with the rest of your fundraising software.
With Qgiv’s event registration software, you get:
- Unlimited event forms
- An interactive map integration
- Popular CRM integrations
- QR-Code ticket check-in
Enhance your event registration experience to increase your fundraising with Qgiv’s comprehensive event registration software.
Auctions are a great activity for engaging your donors. Whether you’re planning an auction as a standalone fundraiser or an addition to an event, your guests will get excited to compete with each other for their favorite items. With the right auction software, your supporters can place bids in real time using their preferred bidding method.
Key features of auction software
- Mobile Bidding
Your guests can enjoy your auction from anywhere with mobile bidding options.
- Easy item set-up
Add new items to your auction lineup with item descriptions and different categories.
- Table seating management
Match your table layout to your venue using drag-and-drop table seating tools.
- Donation appeals
Include fund-a-need donation options in your virtual store to raise money for special projects during your auction.
- QR-code checkout
Simplify checkout by allowing guests to complete their purchases through the Virtual Terminal and scanning their unique QR code to collect their items.
- Registration reporting
Get an accurate headcount on the day of the auction using your registration reporting tools.
Making the most of your auction tools
- Set your bids. Inspire your guests to bid more by setting starting bids and simple bidding increments.
- Assign guests to tables before the event. Once your guests have registered to attend an in-person auction, assign them seats in your table layout.
- Provide in-app receipts. With easy in-app checkout, provide automatic receipts for your auction winners to easily confirm their purchases.
- Make checkout faster. Speed up checkout by combining items won, donations, and other purchases in a single transaction.
Why nonprofits love Qgiv’s auction software
Auctions add excitement to raising money for your cause, and your auction software provider should help empower both your staff and your guests throughout your auction fundraiser.
Using Qgiv’s software, you have:
- Unlimited auctions throughout the year
- Real-time bid notifications
- The Givi app
- VIP bidding services
Eliminate some of the stress from hosting an auction by taking advantage of Qgiv’s auction software.
Why choose Qgiv?
Qgiv’s suite of online donation forms, mobile donation tools, peer-to-peer fundraising, event registration, and auction software make it one of the most comprehensive yet user-friendly fundraising platforms available to nonprofits and other organizations. With our all-inclusive platform, Qgiv helps your organization fundraise whether you’re fully online, in-person, or somewhere in between.
All of Qgiv’s tools work seamlessly together. Plus, Qgiv prioritizes strong and functional integrations with popular nonprofit CRMs, making it easier for your nonprofit to raise money, learn about your donors, and glean actionable insights into your organization’s fundraising health.
Put your trust in Qgiv’s fundraising software.
Not sure about taking the leap with Qgiv? Check out what sets us apart from the rest:
- PCI compliance
Never worry about your donors’ data! We take information security seriously, and we’re always up to date with the highest level of industry security standards.
- Integration compatibility
With our top-of-the-line integrations between our fundraising software and other vital pieces of your technology stack, your donor data will always be where it needs to be.
- Customer support
You’ll never be alone when you have Qgiv’s customer support team beside you. Whether you need to call in for a quick answer or send an email with a list of questions, we’ve got you covered!
What types of organizations does Qgiv serve?
When you partner with Qgiv, you can offer your congregants an online giving hub. That means they can give even if they don’t carry cash or a checkbook.
We can help you raise money for your mission by offering your donors multiple ways to give and ensuring your donation forms are streamlined and easy to use.
Raise money for your political campaign with Qgiv. Your donation pages will look and feel like your campaign site, and you’ll be able to track your donation activity at a glance.
See what these organizations have to say about Qgiv’s fundraising software.
“The day before our fundraiser, we had to completely switch our gala to an online event because of COVID-19. Qgiv allowed us to go completely online, and we were able to attract more people than just the attendees of our gala.”
“We needed a custom form. As someone with very minimal experience building something like that, it was so nice and easy to use Qgiv’s donation form. When I did have questions about anything, I was able to reach out and get answers very quickly.”
“It’s such a pleasure now to be able to make changes on the back end by ourselves … And I could just rave about the customer support. I cannot say enough good things about them.”
Fundraising software is crucial to growing your organization’s ability to raise money. Whether online or in-person, make it simple for your donors to give to your cause and spread awareness about the work you do. Take advantage of technology to help you change the world!