What steadies you when everything around you seems out of control? What do you attach to when you feel adrift? Values. Your organizational values, and especially your personal values, can help anchor you and help you make tough decisions.
In this session, leadership coach Marc A. Pitman will offer a strategy for regaining some stability by identifying your core values—both yours and your nonprofit’s.
- Marc shares strategies you can use to develop values that will keep you stable through good times and bad. You’ll finish this session knowing:
- How to identify the core values that you live by—even if you don’t realize it
- How values fit in the entire leadership journey
- Tips on separating “hoped for” values from actual core values
- How to use those values to find your way through chaotic times
You’ll be surprised by how grounded this session will make you feel. Not only will you learn about core values, you’ll actually get to use a tool to help you figure out your core values and those of your nonprofit!
Meet the Speaker
Concord Leadership Group founder Marc A. Pitman, CSP® helps leaders lead their teams with more effectiveness and less stress. His latest book is The Surprising Gift of Doubt: Use Uncertainty to Become the Exceptional Leader You Are Meant to Be. He’s also the author of Ask Without Fear!® – which has been translated into Dutch, Polish, Spanish, and Mandarin. Marc’s expertise and enthusiasm engages audiences around the world both in person and with online presentations. And has caught the attention of media organizations as diverse as The Chronicle of Philanthropy, Al Jazeera, Fox News, SUCCESS magazine, and Real Simple. Marc tweets regularly at @marcapitman. He is the husband to his best friend and the father of three amazing kids. And if you drive by him on the road, he’ll be singing 80’s tunes loud enough to embarrass his family!