Across the country, violence, harassment, and discrimination against Asian Americans has been on the rise. On the night of March 16th, news broke of a shooting in Atlanta. Eight people were shot, six of whom were Asian-American women. We strongly condemn this reprehensible behavior and any form of targeted violence. In support of the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community, we’ve compiled a list of nonprofit organizations you can support to help stop the hate. Many of the organizations also offer helpful educational resources for the AAPI community and their allies.
Awareness and Education Resources
- Stop AAPI Hate was founded to collect reports of harassment, violence, and discrimination against members of the AAPI community.
- Hollaback! And Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC) created a free bystander intervention training program for allies of the AAPI community.
- AAJC has a story section on their website devoted to sharing incidents of anti-Asian racism.
- USA Today wrote an article on how to be an ally to members of the AAPI community.
- The Cut wrote an article covering the spike in anti-Asian hate crimes.
- Human Rights Watch wrote an article on the global spike in anti-Asian racist rhetoric and events.
Organizations to Donate To
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC) Atlanta
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC)
- AAPI Community Fund
- Asian Pacific Fund
- Chinese Progressive Association
- Asian American Advocacy Fund
- Hate is a Virus Community Action Fund
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Asian American Youth leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD)
- Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Women Lead
Keep an Eye on This Blog
Keep an eye on this page as we update it with more resources for members of the AAPI community. If there’s a resource or organization you’d like added to this list please email us at email@example.com.