Having said that, we’ve taken a look at some fundraising statistics that we think are very interesting and deserve to be brought to your attention.
Check out these amazing fundraising statistics.
General Fundraising Statistics
- 18% of Americans have said that supporting youth and family causes are most important to them.
- 12% said animals.
- 12% said medical research.
- 11% said education.
- 7% said disaster relief.
- 7% said human rights.
- 6% said the environment.
- 3% said global health.
- Men between the ages of 18 and 34 are more likely to make a charitable donation than any other group.
- 60% of millennials donate an average of $481 to nonprofits each year.
- Nearly three out of four young adults are willing to raise money on behalf of an organization that matters to them.
- The average American supports 4.5 charities.
- 69% of Americans give charitably.
- 72% of all donations are made by individuals.
- 15% are made by foundations.
- 8% are made through bequests.
- 5% are made by corporations.
- Individuals that earn $25,000 or less donate the largest share (16.6%) of their income to charity.
- 12% of all giving happens in the last three days of the year.
- Monthly donors give 42% more in one year than one-time donors.
- 88% of dollars raised comes from 12% of an organization’s donors.
- Giving is expected to increase by nearly 5% in 2016.
- Nonprofits process more donations between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. EST than any other hour of the day.
Online Donation Statistics
- 47% of donors over the age of 60 give online.
- Online donors aged 55 to 64 are the most generous crowdfunders.
- 75% of young donors are turned off by out-of-date websites.
- Donations made on a branded donation form are, on average, 38% larger than contributions made through a generic PayPal page.
- Supporters are nearly 70% more likely to give a second donation if they used a branded page the first time they made a contribution.
- Online resources are considered 20% more useful than direct mail when it comes to influencing donors.
- 57% of people who watch nonprofit videos go on to make a donation.
- Donors are 34% more likely to give on responsive websites.
- For every 1,000 website visitors, a nonprofit raises $612.
- Mac users give an average of $182 per donation.
- PC users give an average of $137 per donation.
- Internet Explorer users give an average of $138 per donation.
- FireFox users give an average of $140 per donation.
- Chrome users give an average of $153 per donation.
- Safari users give an average of $168 per donation.
- Yahoo users give an average of $120 per donation.
Social Media Fundraising Statistics
- 74% of American internet users are on Facebook.
- 36% are on LinkedIn.
- 31% are on Pinterest.
- 22% are on Twitter.
- 18% are on Instagram.
- 11% are on SnapChat.
Mobile Fundraising Statistics
- 19.4% of nonprofit event registrations occur on mobile devices.
- 51% of people who visit a nonprofit’s website do so on a mobile device.
- Mobile-responsive donation pages yield 34% more donations.
- Apple devices like iPhones and iPads processed 80% of all mobile donations in past years.
- Text donors are most likely to be 49- to 59- year old, married women who have college degrees.
- 41% of Americans don’t have a landline.
- The average text-to-give donation is $107.
Email Fundraising Statistics
- Email has the highest return on investment of any marketing channel ($40 for every dollar spent!).
- For every 1,000 email subscribers, nonprofits have 285 Facebook fans, 112 Twitter followers, and 13 mobile subscribers.
- 16.6% of donors who support from an email are doing so on a mobile device.
- Open rates for nonprofit emails is between 15% and 17.5%.
- 27% of nonprofits spend less than $1,000 of their budget on marketing a year.
- The average one-time gift from email fundraising is $57. The average monthly gift is $20.
- Unique/Corporate/Other email users give an average of $165 per donation.
- Gmail users give an average of $143 per donation.
- AOL users give an average of $138 per donation.
- Hotmail users give an average of $128 per donation.
- The Concord Leadership Group
- Nonprofit Tech for Good
- Optimal Giving
- Double the Donation