Giving Tuesday is a big deal for the fundraising community. For many nonprofits, Giving Tuesday is the most important giving day in their yearly fundraising calendar, and it takes time and careful planning to execute a successful Giving Tuesday campaign. To help you along your Giving Tuesday journey, we’ve collected the most helpful how-to articles, templates, tips, tricks, and resources into this Giving Tuesday toolkit to make planning your campaign a breeze!
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday began in 2012 at the 92nd Street Y, a cultural and community center in Manhattan. Since its conception, Giving Tuesday has turned into a worldwide movement championing radical generosity and encouraging donors to give in ways big and small in pursuit of making the world a better place. Giving Tuesday takes place on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. For many nonprofits, Giving Tuesday is an important giving day that marks the beginning of the year-end fundraising season.
Giving Tuesday Preparations
- #GivingTuesday Ultimate Guide: Giving Tuesday is the biggest giving day of the year, so there’s a lot to keep in mind when preparing for it. The #GivingTuesday Ultimate Guide eBook has templates, calendars, and tips to help you get organized and make your Giving Tuesday a roaring success!
- Giving Tuesday Checklist: Plan for Greater Success: A solid, comprehensive plan sets the foundation for a successful Giving Tuesday. Don’t forget anything by creating a checklist! With our blog, learn how to set yourself up for success before, during, and after Giving Tuesday.
- 15+ Giving Tuesday Campaign Ideas (and Expert Tips) for 2022: For many nonprofits, Giving Tuesday marks the beginning of the year-end fundraising season. Kick things off with a great Giving Tuesday campaign that will wow your donors and get them excited about donating.
- How to Create a Giving Tuesday Video: Visuals are the best way to connect with your audience and motivate them to give. In fact, over half of donors who watch nonprofit videos go on to make a gift! Learn how to create your own Giving Tuesday video with our guide.
Giving Tuesday Communications
- Earn More Giving Tuesday Donations with Multi-Channel Marketing: The key to a successful Giving Tuesday campaign is making sure people know it’s happening. The best way to spread the word is with multi-channel marketing. By using multiple channels to let people know about your Giving Tuesday fundraiser, you can ensure that you’ll reach more donors!
- Use a Text Giving Campaign for Giving Tuesday: A text giving campaign can help your nonprofit reach your donors anytime, anywhere–perfect for an on-the-go world. With a few well-crafted messages and a great keyword, you can start collecting donations via text in no time!
- The Giving Tuesday Social Media Playbook: Social media is one of the most effective ways to reach your donors. With the Giving Tuesday Social Media Playbook blog series, you can learn how to leverage your social media to connect with your donors on Giving Tuesday.
- #GivingTuesday Save-the-Date Email Template: Give your donors plenty of time to prepare for Giving Tuesday with this save-the-date email template!
- #GivingTuesday Text Templates: Need help crafting the perfect text messages for your Giving Tuesday communications? These text templates can help you reach your donors and encourage them to give!
- #GivingTuesday Social Media Templates: Creating the right social media messaging isn’t easy. With these social media templates and posting schedule, you can create a cohesive Giving Tuesday social media campaign
- #GivingTuesday Email Templates: This Giving Tuesday, plan an engaging and comprehensive email fundraising campaign! These email templates can help you kick-off your Giving Tuesday and keep the momentum going.
Giving Tuesday Donation Forms
- Donation Form Best Practices: 10 Ways to Improve the Online Donation Experience: Your donation form is one of your most important assets for fundraising. Ensuring that your donors have a great donation experience is key to getting them to come back and make more gifts in the future. Keeping these best practices in mind while you create your donation form can help you raise more on Giving Tuesday!
- How to Create Donation Forms That Convert: 5 Tips: Getting your donors to your online donation form is just half the battle. Once they’ve reached your donation form, you have to convince them to make a gift. Learn how to create a donation form to improve your conversion rates and raise more!
- Designing Donation Forms to Reduce Decision Fatigue: Decision fatigue is a huge impediment to getting your donors to make a donation. Keep things simple and streamline the donation process by using these tips to reduce decision fatigue on your donation forms!
- Donation Form Widget: Embed A Donation Form on Your Website: When you embed your donation form on your website, your donors are 2.4x more likely to donate to your organization. With this blog, learn how to use a donation form widget to encourage your donors to give!
- How to Show Visual Impact on Your Online Donation Forms: Visual storytelling is key to any good fundraising strategy. By adding pictures and videos to your donation form on Giving Tuesday, you can show your donors why their gift matters and how they can make a difference, making them more likely to support your mission!
Thanking Your Giving Tuesday Donors
- How to Send a Heartfelt Giving Tuesday Thank You to Donors: Once the clock strikes midnight and Giving Tuesday has come to an end, your job isn’t over quite yet. Thanking your donors will help you build strong connections and keep them engaged. Learn how to send a thank you to your donors that will make them feel appreciated!
- Creative Ways to Thank Your Donors: Wondering how you can spice up those thank-you emails to your donors? Need help brainstorming fresh ways to show your gratitude to your supporters? Check out these creative ways to thank your donors that they won’t soon forget!
- Use Video Thank-Yous to Show Donors a Little Extra Love: Visual storytelling doesn’t just apply to your donation forms and your website. Show a little extra appreciation to your donors with a thank-you video! Videos are a great way to show donors the impact of their donations and turn them into long-term supporters of your mission.
- 6 Ways to Customize Your Thank-You Page: There’s almost nothing worse than showing your donors a generic thank-you page after they complete their donation. Take the opportunity to spread the love, show impact, and keep the gratitude flowing with customized thank-you pages!
- 3 Ways to Retain Giving Tuesday Donors in the New Year: On Giving Tuesday, one of your main goals should be to reach new donors and spread the word about your mission. However, once Giving Tuesday has come and gone, focusing on building long-term relationships with donors both new and old should be top of mind! Learn how to create a stronger donor cultivation cycle and retain your Giving Tuesday donors beyond Giving Tuesday!
- How to Thank and Retain Year-End Donors: Turn those one-time year-end donors into long-term friends of your organization for years to come. Use these tips and tricks to fine-tune your retention strategy for the new year!
With this Giving Tuesday toolkit, you’ll be well on your way to designing dynamic donation forms and engaging communications for Giving Tuesday!